On The Blog

June 28, 2012

Ms Lindsay Rochelle Brown

On Tuesday, June 26th, I had the pleasure of interviewing Ms Lindsay Rochelle Brown, a personal stylist residing in Atlanta, GA.  I originally met Lindsay years ago while attending Stillman College where she was a fellow student. I remember noticing back then that her petite body looked great in everything that she placed on it. One memory that I have was that of the pink jumper that she wore to a Homecoming Step Show.  It was the cutest jumper that I had ever seen. Me being who I am, I had no problem or shame in asking just where she found it.  To my surprise, she told me the THRIFT STORE! Ok, now this was before it was trending to shop at Goodwill. Since then, I have been following this fashionista!

BAS: Describe your personal style.
Lindsay: Classy, sophisticated and southern. I love pearls and I love to look dainty.
My favorite colors are pink and soft pastels.  I’m like a chameleon because I express my personality by what I wear.  I’m not a fan of revealing clothes. I like clothes that you won't see out on the street. I like to dress backwards (footwear up).  I base outfits around my shoes, bags, etc. I am a shoe connoisseur.

BAS: What's your favorite thing to wear and why?
Lindsay: Dresses (dresses with skinny belts) because they accentuate my waist and I'm petite and they appeal to my feminine personality.

BAS: What are you wearing right now?
Lindsay: Jumpsuit by Know Style clothing (hunter green, purple, and black with abstract print), black peep toe heels, iridescent jewelry by Bakers, and earrings by Charlotte Russe

BAS: What do you consider when selecting your accessories?
Lindsay: I love bling, pearls, and nice simple necklaces or sets. I like wooden jewelry for bohemian styles.  I choose those because they are all dimensions of my personality.

BAS: What does style mean to you?
Lindsay: The essence of a woman. It is about displaying attitude, class, where you come from and what you represent.

BAS: Who's your favorite designer?
Lindsay: Vera Wang because she brings a rich, hardcore, soft yet classy aspect to the fashion industry. Her pieces are timeless....you will never see it go out of style.

BAS: How do you keep up with the latest styles?
Lindsay: I always read Essence Magazine, Vogue, Cosmo and cosmetic magazines. I also like to watch the style channel and Joan Rivers.

BAS: Any advice for the Plain Janes of the world?
Lindsay: Try to step outside of your comfort zone once a week...even if you just start with a single piece of jewelry. Go at your own pace because in the end, it's all about confidence.


  

No comments

Post a Comment


UP